Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Still Around...

I just wanted to quickly say thank you to all my friends who have been so supportive during this emotion-filled time for me. So many of you have continually encouraged me and been praying for myself and my friends family and for ALL of that I'm so grateful and wanted to say thank you!

I considered the thought of discontinuing my blog following the event of my close friends death, similar to how my last blog-site I discontinued after the sudden passing of another close friend, but I don't think I will end up doing that. I've given it a lot of thought and I'm leaning toward continuing here, so only time will tell, but I plan to be back very soon.

For now, I just wanted to say thanks and let everyone know I'm doing well. It's been about a week and a half now and I think I have made it through the stages of grieving (I can't lie and say I wasn't continually monitoring myself...HA! But honestly, I think knowing about the stages and being aware of them has helped me to move through this process at the pace that I was able too).

It is definitely unfortunate that what happened happened, but I've accepted that there is nothing I can do to change it, so accepting it as what has happened and deciding how I want to live differently and in rememberance because of these events is where I'm at now. I'm able to be my joking self again at work. I'm eating well again and sleeping fine. No more showering to cry, and I can look at my friends picture again and smile and be happy for my times I had with her, rather than look at it and feel sad and have my heart hurt.

I hope to blog soon more in detail of the past week and a half, but we'll see when I can get around too that. Right now I'm keeping exceptionally busy at work, as I've taken on my friend's responsibilities (as she was our office's administrative assistant), as well as am continuing to carry my own responsibilities there. Because of this I'm working longer hours and staying VERY busy, leaving me to get home pretty tired, but we'll see when I can find the time!

Thanks again to everyone who has shared support during this time. It continually brought tears to my eyes to see the comments, IM messages, emails, texts, etc. from y'all showing that y'all cared and were thinking and praying for me!

No comments: