Friday, January 11, 2008

Who To Vote For For President...

I'm not good at keeping up and following candidates to know what they do and don't support on "big" issues. I'm interested enough to know I care if they are for or against supporting topics concerning my educational background, but even that doesn't mean I could tell you off the top of my head which candidates do and don't support that. HA!

Basically I am NOT much for politics (they really rub me the wrong way most the time...it's too fake and let's try to say what you want to hear, to me anyways), but since it isn't like I'm going to be able to wave a magic wand and POOF be gone with politics, I figure I at least should TRY to know who my vote would best be used supporting.

This being said, I've always been someone that loves to find one of those tables/charts that you can find around election times that compares where all the different candidates stand on the "big" issues. Because a quick glance at something like that and I'll be like, "Okay, I'm voting for _____." Yes, I know, it is a highly thought-out and intelligent way of voting, but at least I DO vote, right?

ANYWAYS....

So today I found this website to this short 12-question quiz that asks you where you stand on the "big" issues and then it tells you which candidate is closest to your views. I really enjoyed this and I thought I'd share that link with y'all and since I honestly don't care, I'll share my results with you too...HA!

The quiz is at this website.

And this is the ranking of the candidates on how closely they believe what I believe on the "big" issues...

1. John Edwards
2. Barack Obama
3. Bill Richardson
4. Hillary Clinton
5. Mike Huckabee
6. Mitt Romney
7. Dennis Kucinich
8. John McCain
9. Ron Paul
10. Rudy Giuliani

Wow, good thing I took this, because I had been thinking..."Hmm....if I decide to vote republican I'm going to vote for Giuliani. He just seems like such a great guy and he was so cute and good at handling the 9/11 thing it seemed." Phew...that was a close one! HA! ;)

5 comments:

Julie said...

tsk tsk tsk... poof be gone? hahaha! you make me laugh. btw, i haven't forgotten about the comment i promised on your earlier blog. it'll come. thanks for your patience.

FeedingYourMind said...

Jules: Well, you KNOW that once you get into politics I'll have a reason to follow it and a person I'll be excited to vote for. But until that time...

...poof be gone, I suppose. ;)

BTW...you took the quiz didn't you? ;) Did it end up putting you voting for your man!? ;)

Anonymous said...

Guilani??

FeedingYourMind said...

bpb: I guess I'm confused (as you might be too, and that's what's with the question marks), but what are you questioning with "Guilani??"

Anonymous said...

I'm just surprised . . . Guilani seems to be low on everyone's radar. I guess I was just questioning if that's really an option for you.