Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Questions On My Mind...

Here are a few questions I have had cross my mind lately. I think all of them could develop into nice blog topics, but for the current time, I'll leave them as this: just some questions to put out there to ponder and think about in your free time.

Feel free to leave your thoughts on any of them if you should feel so desired...

1. Have you ever met a homosexual that does not claim they were born that way? Have you ever met a heterosexual that does not claim they were born that way? Why do we simply accept one group for their claims and question the other?

2. Do men ever get upset with their wives who choose to be "homemakers," especially when there are no children in the picture? Do they ever think to their selves, "free-loaders!?"

3. Do you think John Mark Karr is satisfied with the attention he has gained yet? I mean, I have had some real eye-openers lately to people seeking attention, but this is taking the cake. I'm pretty sure he is innocent.

1 comment:

Holly said...

1. I've known a person w/ same sex atrraction who said they chose it. As for a heterosexual, I don't think I've known someone who does not claim they were born that way. Why do we simply accept one group for their claims and question the other? Because we're imperfect humans.

2. Yeah, I think some men do -- mainly when there's no children involved. I'm sure the same sometimes goes for women whose husbands stay at home. Sometimes I think it is good though to at least have someone there to take care of the house and have dinner ready in the evenings, even if there's no kids. More power to someone if they can afford a maid/housekeeper!

3. I think his plan must just be unfolding and he probably has more tricks (or delusions?) up his sleeve. If he is delusional, I'm not so sure how "satisfied" he is. However, it does seem as if he is enjoying all this attention. Whatever the case, it's an intriguing -- although sad -- story. The news this morning said his family is already in the midst of making a book deal (and maybe a movie one, too?) about the whole thing and plan to use the money to send Karr's three kids to college. Hmm.