Monday, September 10, 2007

Random Thoughts

Just some random thoughts I had today...
  • I think bluetooths are corny. And I do not like how people walk around talking on them and you can't see the ear-piece and you're first reaction is that they are talking to you. Or like you see someone approaching and they are just rambling along and you're thinking, "Hmm...there's no one around for them to be talking too. Who the heck are they talking too..." THEN you get a glance of the annoying blue blinking light. Yes, the one you see on people that leave them attached to their ears in settings such as church or wedding venues. YES, I sure did see a lady wearing her's through a wedding ceremony this past weekend. Come on now folks!
  • If there should come a worthwhile use for bluetooths it should be the idea I came up with today. People with auditory hallucinations who choose to respond back to the voices verbally (i.e. that's basically my nice way of saying most severely schizophrenic individuals) should wear them when they are out in public. This would at least give them what appears to be a legitimate reason to be talking-out-loud when there is no one else around them. ;)

On a deeper and more serious note...

  • When was it that watching someone shoot and kill someone became entertainment? Seriously? I was thinking about this today. Think of how just about all "R"-rated movies nowadays involves some sort of violence, many times being someone getting killed. Why do we find it entertaining to watch people shooting people? Sure, maybe guns are a hobby for some--such as hunting, but I don't know many that take up the hobby of shooting mankind? Yes, I'm just as guilty as most to watch a violent movie, but at the same time, I can't help but think right now, "why is it that in today's society violent movies do so well in the entertainment business, when you would have NEVER seen a 'shoot'em up and kill'em' type movie in the theatres 50 years ago." Hmmm...

2 comments:

Julie said...

oh my gosh, i have such a serious aversion toward bluetooths! they're the cheesiest things ever. those are my two cents. the end.

Anonymous said...

I want to scream HUH when I hear someone walking thru a store talking on these things. I think it's even more rude than just walking around talking on a cell phone. Often you don't see the thing on their head until they're right beside you.