Friday, September 21, 2007

Stuff

  • I have NEVER jumped so quickly online to hit iTunes and download a song as I did following this song for the first time. I'm not sure what it was besides my thinking it was just such a BEAUTIFUL sounding song! "The Only Promise That Remains" by Reba McEntire and Justin Timberlake. It was on the Oprah episode from Wed. that I just finished watching. What can I say? Oprah can truly sell authors' books and Oprah can really sell artists' songs! HA!
  • When I was a little girl I used to think Reba McEntire was the prettiest of all ladies. HA! Which is funny looking back on it now because of that hair...HA! No really though, she just has AMAZING eyes! It was always her eyes that I thought were beautiful (well, and probably that fun southern sounding accent...maybe that's why I'm in the south now! HA!). But nowadays, my opinion of her goes beyond her looks and well, uh, I had heard she isn't easy to get along with...she's one of those big-headed big-shots, if you know what I mean. And well, when I watched her being interviewed on Oprah...I kinda got that feel to her (but she still has pretty eyes!) ;)
  • What the crap happened to the St. Louis Cardinals these past few weeks!?! Dangit boys!
  • I love chatting fantasy football with all the boys at work! HA!
  • I want to see the new movie that's coming out at the beginning of October which is directed by Sean Penn. It's based on a true story. It's called "Into the Wild." It's apparently based on the book with the same title. It looks really good. I saw previews of it featured on Thursday's Oprah episode! HA! Sean Penn is cool. He is Oprah's favorite actor (well, possibly tied with Sir Anthony Hopkins). She showed clips of her favorite parts of some of Penn's films and it made me remember how much I love "I Am Sam." What a great movie!
  • I have a new "daily-record" show. Oprah's not alone anymore. My VCR (yes, I still use one of those) is now set to record from 3 PM till 5 PM. I just has to switch from NBC to ABC as the 4 o'clock hour. That's because it now records the Ellen show! After I had MULTIPLE people...that are NOT friends with one another (so they were not conspiring on this)...tell me that Ellen and I are a lot alike, I decided I had to check her out (well, not in that way! HA!). So after deciding to tune-in to her season opener this season, I've been hooked! This woman has a GREAT sense of humor and is so optimistic! I once came up with my own description of what TRUE humor is and it centered around humor that is not made at anyone else's expense. Ellen is GOOD at "true humor" in my opinion. She isn't about cutting others down to be funny. Now, I openly admit that I do not literally "laugh out loud" at TOO many people's humor....just typically at my own jokes...HA!...but Ellen literally has me smiling the whole show through and laughing on many occasions! She's good folks!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Haha. Reba. I always loved her, too. I wanted to watch the show with her and J Timberlake. Wasn't Kelly on there, too? Anyway, have you ever watched Reba's show? Lucas and I watch it all the time, and I think it's hilarious. You should watch it sometime. Too bad her big hair is gone.

Anonymous said...

I love Ellen too!