Saturday, June 23, 2007

Did They Truly Do "all they could"?

Uhhh...I just HAVE to share this.

I guess I'm confused...

"Hager's parents said they did all they could to keep the couple apart after noticing a deeper-than-usual friendship between them."

...but...

"The Hagers said they reluctantly signed a consent form allowing their daughter to marry her coach."

I guess they truly did do "all they could", huh?

Uhh...maybe 16-year olds are just getting a little more threatening nowadays than I'm aware of?! I'm just glad the adults were the adults in this matter....RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

OH, and I admit I am NOT a law-follower. Not in the sense that I break laws, but rather that I don't follow what is and isn't a law too closely. With this being the case, I guess I'm just left thinking about the often used joke when a 20-something is dating a 16 year old and everyone snaps back with the comment of "illegal!" Does whatever "law" that is not apply if she's dating a 40-something??!!?

I'm also very curious about Mr. Wuchae's attraction to such young women.

Am I to believe that their relationship leading up to the marriage was strictly "hands-off"? Because if not, at what point is it considered a sex crime? Would Miss Hager (at the time of the incident) had had to have been a non-complying participant for the "sex crime" title? What if she just wasn't cognitively capable of making a decision of compliance or not at such a young age? I mean for goodness sakes she IS only 16!

No comments: