...it would tell you I am obsessed with music. Music is a BIG part of my everyday life. It's a lot like food to me, in that I believe I have to have it to survive and I'm not real picky about what kind.
When I first learned about iPods, I was never really interested in having my own, because they were just another of those "new gadgets" that is WAY over priced and everyone is getting one just to be a part of the fad. I was perfectly content with my cds. iPods were the new development once again to make people lazier, in my opinion.
But then for Christmas I found one of the video iPods as my gift from my uncle and aunt with whom I live. Though I had not asked for one, I figured I could give it a try to see what all the "big deal" about it was. I "might" use it, you know! ;)
So today I sit writing this entry with my iPod currently playing through my stereo. It is playing one of my 16 playlists I have loaded on it, which consist of an array of songs out of the 1254 songs I have on the iPod to date.
So, I've had the iPod for approximately 8 months--that making about 240 days. With that being the case, according to my "Top 25 Most Played" songs off the iPod, my number one most played song has been played more times than the amount of days I've even had the player...HA!
I think looking at the "Top 25 Most Played" songs is interesting. I think it can tell a story in a way. The reason's one plays some songs SO much more than others has purpose. Sure, maybe you just REALLY like that song, but that is not always the case. Some songs become a part of you at a certain time because they have a special meaning for you at that time.
I wanted to share my iPod "Top 25 Most Played" songs list. I would love to hear what other's "Top 25 Most Played" list looks like. It can be interesting...
[Disclaimer: The number in parentesis following the artist is the number of times the song has been "played" on my iPod (note: to qualify as a "play" on an iPod, this means the song has to be played COMPLETELY through and come to a complete ended to count). The date following that number is the last time that song was "played" on my iPod]
25. Feels Like Today by Rascal Flatts (96) 9-1-2006
24. **Look Away by Chicago (99) 7-17-2006
23. When I'm Gone (edited) by Eminem (105) 6-14-2006
22. Here With Us by Joy Williams (108) 7-25-2006
21. I Just Can't Live a Lie by Carrie Underwood (108) 8-13-2006
20. Pieces by Rascal Flatts (112) 8-26-2006
19. Black Horse and the Cherry Tree by KT Tunstall (119) 9-1-2006
18. What's Left of Me by Nick Lachey (123) 8-26-2006
17. You and Me by Lifehouse (123) 9-1-2006
16. Unfaithful by Rihanna (129) 9-1-2006
15. You're Beautiful by James Blunt (129) 7-21-2006
14. **Starts with Goodbye by Carrie Underwood (130) 8-20-2006
13. Boston by Augustana (133) 9-1-2006
12. What Hurts the Most by Rascal Flatts (135) 9-1-2006
11. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield (135) 7-29-2006
10. 525,600 Minutes on the Rent Soundtrack (136) 8-25-2006
9. Stand by Rascal Flatts (138) 9-1-2006
8. Wisemen by James Blunt (140) 6-10-2006
7. Be Without You by Mary J. Blige (162) 9-1-2006
6. Bad Day by Daniel Powter (165) **4-14-2006
5. My Wishes by Rascal Flatts (167) 9-1-2006
4. When I Get Where I'm Going by Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton (219) 9-1-2006
3. Hate Me by Blue October (230) 9-1-2006
2. Breathe by Anna Nalick (236) 9-1-2006
And the number one most played song on my iPod since I got it...
1. Not Ready to Make Nice by the Dixie Chicks (262) 9-1-2006
So that is my list.
The reason some dates are highlighted in green is to make special note that some of those songs HAVE been played a lot on my iPod; however, they have not been played recently--meaning they might not be one of my "top" favorite songs anymore, they just happend to be on the list because they WERE played a lot at one time. One song has been noted with (**) because that particular song has not been played on my iPod in a number of months because I cut that song out of my music listening pleasures because of psychology-related reasons.
The songs that I have highlighted in red are songs that got played a lot because they had a special meaning at a time for me. Two of the songs that are in red that have been denoted with (**) represent songs that were played a lot because they meant something really special to a friend of mine, so I played them a lot for that friend, as well as I listened to them on my own time thinking about that friend.