Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Life

It's what life is. It's a series of rooms. And who we get stuck in those rooms with adds up to what our lives are.

This was a quote taken from Tuesday's episode of House on FOX. I think the writers of that show come up with some of the most clever things to think about. This was just one from many I've pondered over the past three seasons of the show.

The more thought I gave to this quote, the more I thought how sometimes we go into rooms on our own in life and sometimes we are assigned to the rooms. And not only that, but sometimes I think there is a fine line between whether we believe we went in on our own or we were assigned to the rooms. Either way, I guess what it comes down to is what happens when we are in those rooms. How we interact with the situation and the others who are "stuck in those rooms." I suppose the quote is right, as this is what will affect our life.

So as the character on the show prefaced her statement...

I'm going to base this moment on who I'm stuck in a room with.

1 comment:

Katey said...

LOVED this episode, LOVED this quote even more. That show never ceases to give me something life altering to think about. So glad you got me hooked on it!