Monday, August 20, 2007

Hurting for the Sisterhood

It's special how no matter how people might grow apart over time and with relocation leaving long distances separating one another, the unity that a sisterhood can bring stil has the power to leave many hurting when one of their own is hit with devastating news.

Yesterday, I heard the news of one of my GATA sister's losing her husband of two years as yet another casualty in Iraq...

Friday, Lt. John Edds was killed in Iraq. Here and here are two stories reporting the situation.

Many thoughts and prayers are going out for those loved ones he left behind, especially his wife, Laura [Russell] Edds, and his parents and two brothers.

Though I haven't kept good communication with Laura since our college days, I still felt a sickening hurt, as well as a yearning to comfort feeling as soon as I got the news.

What a sad situation...

1 comment:

nicolegail said...

Oh. My. Goodness. This is so very, very sad. Laura and I pledged together and while we did not keep in touch, I feel her pain now as if I had seen her only yesterday. My heart goes out to her and her family.