Monday, September 19, 2005

It Takes a Lot...

I truly believe it takes a lot to get on my bad side. I've been blessed with a pretty high level of patience, in my opinion, as well as an ability to get along with most people. And while I'll never claim to "hate" an individual or even consider anyone to be my enemy, I have had occasions where I will denote an individual in my book as being "rather annoying." However, to get this notation, it takes a lot...

I was thinking while in the shower this evening that I can only think of two GATAs that I would consider annoying. And actually, only one of them do I choose to avoid having to spend a lot of time with, the other it only comes down to certain environments in which she annoys me...HA!

I say this being about 95% sure that neither of these ladies read my blog (that should set your mind at ease if you were thinking I get annoyed with you...HA!), but for two reasons: 1) it will help me to make my point that out of the MANY of GATAs I've known and most that I call "friend" as well as keep in contact with many, it truly is a limited amount of people that can "get to me," but also for 2) the fact that I KNOW I have blog readers out there that it will drive NUTZ not knowing which two GATAs I've referring too...HA HA HA! Sorry, can't give any names! ;) But I'll tell you this much, the one individual that I choose not to hangout with, she is the only GATA that got me so aggrevated with her that I cursed at her in the middle of the campus center one day and just totally walked off completely pissed off...HA! I remember Bethany S. was standing there with us, as well as someone else, but for the life of me I can't remember who the other GATA was...maybe Inwood...I don't remember...HA!

So, it takes a lot to get me annoyed with an individual, as I pride myself in being rather patient and understanding, but for the life of me, I can't get through a single class session with my Monday night professor without leaving totally turned off by this fella. While I refuse to give all the details of this man's annoyances, I'll share this much tonight, which is a BIG part of what really bothered me from our class last week and ended up making for a BIG juicy class discussion with him tonight....

So last week in class he didn't understand how to work one of the classroom pieces of technology. He was obviously getting frustrated with it. And while many students were trying to explain to him how to work it while we were sitting in our desks he was still confused. I think out of embaressment and frustration it led to his behaviors, but still....

He proceeded in the following manner...
He said, "Well why don't you guys get off your asses and show me how to work it instead of just saying shit!?! Why don't you just shut the f*ck up then if you aren't going to come up here and help!"

Okay, I could let the "ass" and even the "shit" fly; I realize I'm not at ACU anymore, and I get those in everyday friendly conversation at work daily...it's called welcome to the real world OUTSIDE of the ACU bubble, but the f-word I'm not a fan of (unless of course we are sitting in a sexually-oriented class). I can understand the man was frustrated and even probably embarressed as he couldn't figure out the machine, but I think a "professional" should be able to control himself, or at least his language, in a professional setting. And maybe I'm wrong, but I believe a professor, especially at a graduate level is working in a professional setting.

So that all went down last week....well tonight in class he was up to his usual behaviors and gestures (not cursing, just other things), and he annoyed some folks again, so some people decide they were going to speak up this week.

Well when his behaviors from the previous week were brought to attention, he became EXTREMELY defensive and tried play this card...get this...this is a hoot....

He said he did not view the words he used last week as "profanity." He claimed that while some people might consider them profanity, he doesn't. And then when I think he was thinking to himself that was a pretty stupid "card" to play he started saying this one (this one is just a good, trust me)....

He said, "Well I was fully aware of what I was saying last week. I was in complete control. I said what I said to test the class. It was to see how sensitive of a class you are. I wanted to know if anyone would be offended."

What the crap?!?! Are you kiddin' me?!?! This man seriously needs some help...

I don't know.....he just had me so annoyed tonight that I HAD to get this out...

But I can tell you this much, I already know people who have gone to speak to higher authorities on this man, and I can tell you I came really close tonight...we'll just see how next week goes...

1 comment:

Holly said...

I feel your frustrations.

Hopefully he will check himself before he wrecks himself.