Saturday, June 25, 2005

Cabo Full Day #1

So just a quick entry to update y'all on my life...

Today was our first full day in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. There are 10 of us here...HA! And let me tell you, the ten of us piling in and out of our lovely rented Chrysler mini-van is classic! ;)

For those that know that I don't like flying because of the pressure changes on my ears, I'm glad to inform you that the flight in wasn't too bad...yes, I wasn't able to hear out of one of me ears following the landing, but that cleared up after about an hour once we were on our 35 minute ride to Cabo from the airport...it just took some good hard yawns...HA! POP! All better! ;)

Quick side note: Dr. J was on our flight here....HA! I didn't get to see him, but some of our family that came with us were in the first row of coach seating and he was in the last row of first class, so they got to talk to him....he apparently was really nice...and we didn't get through customs quick enough at the airport for me to see him at the baggage claim either...dang...oh well....

Today was kinda lazy day...we hit the beach from about 10 AM till 2:30 PM when we stopped for our first food of the day and I enjoyed some DANG GOOD chicken quesidillas with some DANG GOOD guacamole! YUM!

Then it was nap time! WOO HOO! Brandon and I napped on the balcony....it is SOOO pretty and fun out here on the balcony (that's where I'm at right now....even though it is 12:30 AM here...it feels GOOD out here!)

Around 9 PM we hit the town to all go out and eat as a family at one of the ROCKING restaurants/clubs in town...however while we got there at 9 PM, it was already starting to hop for the Friday night crowd....probably not the best atmosphere for the kiddos...but I LOVE that place because of the loud GREAT music, tons of dancing, and the place is set up soo cool and doesn't have a roof, so it feels SOOO nice in there in the evenings with the nightly winds blowing through. It is called El Squid Roe (if you know my picture link...or can get it from my screenname profile, you can go check out my pics posted from El Squid tonight).

Overall today went pretty well. Just about all of us ended up with some sunburn on one place of our body, most backs and faces. For me, just my back, didn't do so well getting that part...HA! But i'm a tough cookie!

Oh, and how could I forget...

We got our hyenna tattoos EARLIER in the week this year. We got them today and this year I got a cutsie little butterfly...



Yeah, I know, girly, but i like it...and it is in the same place I got mine last year (lower stomach area...kinda next to my belly-button, but on the side)....I'll have a picture posted probably tomorrow of it!

Whelp....it is 12:39 AM here and that means almost 2 AM there, thus I should hit the hay!

Oh....also, I was thinking we weren't going to do it again this year, but apparently we are....

Snorkeling again....

This is of course one of my favorite parts of the week being the big swimmer and all....HA! There is nothing better than watching a girl who can't swim walk off a plank of a pirate ship with a life jacket on, flippers, googles, and a snorkel.....hopefully we'll get this "great, fun event" outta the way early on in the week! ;)

No comments: