Saturday, June 11, 2005

RaNdOm FUN Game Tonight!

So, Holly, Janaye, and I were hanging out tonight. I had a BLAST! Well...at one point Janaye and I were talking about hairstyles that blacks tend to do (Janaye is black for those of you who don't know her).

So later we were somewhat playing Upwards (which is like the game Scrabble) and Janye wrote "dredrows" to make fun of me for something I had said accidently earlier when I started to say "dredlocks" and "cornrows" at the same time. Well I immediately laughed and said..."what the heck is that? You spelled it wrong...it's R-O-L-L-S." This of course made her CRACK UP!

It was then that she took it upon herself to control her laughter and inform me that it is "rows" not "rolls" (and to think, so many people think I'm half-black! HA!)

So when Holly came back in the room we asked her and she too thought it was "rolls", so determined that maybe it was a white thing I was like, "I gotta call someone else to see if they know it is rows and not rolls."

Well, after calling the first person (being a white person) and thinking, okay, maybe Holly and I are the only people that think it is "rolls", I was like, "No, we are calling others till I see if most people really DO know it is rows and not rolls!"

And, to jazz it up a little more, we would place bets (though no money or anything was wagered) before we would call each person saying whether we thought they would get it right or not. HA!

Well, I can tell you this...we called like EVERYONE (a couple of the people we asked them over instant messenger...but that was only like 2 folks I think). I can tell you IF we didn't call you, it was most likely because we either didn't have your number or we were all in agreement that you would or wouldn't know the answer (and since we all agreed, it wouldn't have affected our points for bets no matter what answer you gave...so we might not have called you...though we still called a lot of folks that we were all in agreement on...HA!)

Here is the breakdown:

People we called though they didn't answer and never called us back:
Ellison
Witcher
Sumer
Stacia
Kirk

People we talked with:
Becca
Miller
Rawlings
Cheryl
JWalk
Misty
Jana
Inwood
Aracely
Ryan
Tricia
Amy
Dustin
Holly's Mom
Pineda
Slagle
Janet
Ronald
Reiff
Ray
Kripner
Forest
Chris
Laura
Nelson

Of these 25 people we talked with, 17 of them knew it was "cornrows" and 5 of them thought it was "cornrolls" and the remaining 3 didn't know what they were called.

It's interesting if you ask me....i love research! HA! Too bad I have screwed around all this past week and weekend thus far and not done my Research II class homework for Monday...HA!

Anyways, thanks for your help everyone we talked with tonight. And for those of you who didn't answer our call or call us back (though we didn't leave most of you messages...so i suppose you didn't have to call back because of that) you should be saddened that you missed out on this study! ;)

No comments: