Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Pop culture in the news....

Okay...there are two entertainment stories in the news that I want to comment on...

First...
She did it AGAIN, with the help of others...
Oprah has helped to capture a THIRD accused child molester, since airing her show on October 4th! They haven't announced who the newest captured individual is, but I will flip a lid if it turns out to be Mr. Richard Steve Goldberg, simply because he is the individual that I had seen previously to the Oprah showing. I had seen him on the FBI's top ten most wanted for a LONG time. If the FBI has been struggling with finding this fellow for this long, totally props to Oprah's viewers! I LOVE IT!

WATCH OR RECORD TOMORROW'S OPRAH....THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2005!!
[they are revealing the details on the most recently captured individual, and Leonardo DiCaprio is going to be on too, if the child molester captured isn't intriguing enough for you...HA!]

Also, I saw or heard somewhere the other day, and for the life of me I can't remember where I saw or heard it, that there is a group of Oprah fans who are working on trying to get her nominated for a Nobel Prize. Interesting.

Second...
Today I saw it on the internet that WNBA sensation, Sheryl Swoopes, who has played her career for the Houston Comets announced today that she is a lesbian. I found this interesting, and I'm curious if her time for "coming out" is in any way related to the Proposition that is about to go up for public vote here in Texas in a couple weeks. See my previous blog entry about this Proposition if you don't know what I'm talking about.

1 comment:

FeedingYourMind said...

UPDATE: the Oprah episode ended up being the follow-up on the capture of one of the original two accused child molesters that had already been caught. Originally they hadn't known who the cash reward was going to for turning in the individual, but this episode was a follow-up which released the two individuals identities that turned in Mr. Niles Scott in Belize.

Still a good thing....but let's get us a third captive, World!