Sunday, May 01, 2005

What's On My Desk...

I stole this idea from "Linds" blog, as she apparently stole it from other people's blogs...HA!
What's on my desk:
  • computer and printer (i.e. moniter, mouse, keyboard, and speakers)
  • a picture in a frame of my mom and dad and my older brother and I when we were younger
  • a phone that is plugged in but hasn't been used since I moved in here about a year ago
  • the COOL ACU alumni 100th anniversary invitation I got in the mail!
  • an Albert Einstein mug
  • my water bottle
  • my Beatles #1's cd case
  • my shot glass collection (ones people got me when they traveled places)
  • my stereo remote control
  • a pen
  • one of the COOL new Buffalo nickels!!!
  • my fortune from my fortune cookie I got today "Good things are coming to you in due course of time."
  • an exacto knife
  • my clipboard
  • a bag of peanut M&M's
  • Misty's graduation invitation
  • the paper with definitions I need to type-up for a study guide for my final i have next week
  • 10 post-it notes with writing on them...everything from blog ideas, to songs to download, to days I out of the week I want to record Oprah! HA!
  • my stack of "things to do" papers: it has my UTA bill for summer courses, thoughts on blogs I need to write, more thoughts on blogs I need to write (these were all written on big pieces of paper; post-it's weren't big enough),a napkin with a website on it that i need to visit, some old letters from my best friend in high school that I recently came across, some pamphlets on antidepressant medications that came to work that I wanted to take home and look at (not for me, but because depression is an area I want to work with in therapy, so these interested me), printouts of my "Famous People Study" pictures, and a list of possible pictures to use for a second round of "guess that famous person" that Ellison has begged me to send her.

Hanging on my desk:

  • my certificate for Psi Chi (the national honor society for psychology)
  • a St. Louis Cardinals bumper sticker
  • pictures of my little brother, little sister, and cousins Brandon and Preston
  • a calendar with country singers and cars that i got out of a magazine...HA!
  • An Optimist article I printed out entitled "Dr. Charles Trevathan worked through a self-invented mid-life crisis"
  • a poem about Friends

Then there is the one drawer in my desk FULL of crap, such as pens, pencils, paper clips, calculators, scissors, tape, stamps, post-it notes, notepads, etc.

Lastly, the top of my desk has two cabinets and in one side I had my computer accessories such as paper, blank cds, floppy disks, etc. And I've also got some of my old school folders in there for quick access when needing to refer back to them for homework purposes. In the other cabinet I have reference stuff, like old textbooks, hellobooks, the bible, telephone books, thesaurus, dictionary, APA format book, yearbooks, etc. As well as envelopes and a random Bingo inker...HA!

Personally, I think you can tell a lot about a person by what is on their desk, ESPECIALLY if the person spends a majority of their time at their desk, as I do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim :) You can steal anything from my xanga... anytime :). I miss you!
Love ya
Linds :)