Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I LOVE Fraggle Rock!


Wow! Isn’t it the COOLEST!

Tuesday, while on “break,” myself and one of my fellow co-workers went next door to Big Lots to get something she needed and I found THIS, and for only $4.99! I can honestly, tell you I have NEVER been an impulse buyer! Honestly, like everything I pick up at a store, unless it is like food, I’m always like, “do I honestly need this?” Even for this, that thought crossed my mind, but I KNEW I wanted this one! So I justified my purpose for buying it! ;)

It’s already got it’s place on my bedroom wall for now, but I already have big plans for this picture! I can honestly tell you I can see myself hanging this picture in my office one day when I have an office of my own for therapy, ESPECIALLY if I go into any area of children or even adolescent therapy.

I mean let’s face it, read the line on the bottom of it: “Dance your cares away”—straight from the theme song of the show! It doesn’t get more therapy-oriented than that! And if it does, I’d have to say it is covered in the next line of the song, “…worry’s for another day.” It’s just so brilliant! And too think, years ago when I would watch this show religiously with my older brother when we were little tikes I had no clue behind the therapeutic lyrics they were singing us!

I can honestly see this picture becoming a “token” part of my therapy in the future! It’s cool because, one of my role models in therapy is my “great-aunt” who works back in Missouri with troubled adolescents, many who have drug problems. She has even given me interest in going into the area of adolescent substance-abusers . Anyways, in her office where she counsels and talks with these teens, she has one of those BIG stuffed animal lions, you know, like 3.5 or 4 feet tall. Anyways, when these teens lie to her, as they often will, and she can normally tell when they are, she’ll shove the stuffed lion, which is sitting on the floor next to her desk, at them and say, “STOP lion to me!” BRILLIANT!! I love it! That lion can play such a role in her therapy session! Amazing!

Well, though it would probably be against my code of ethics to shove this Fraggle Rock picture at my clients, I can still play off the idea to “dance your cares away” to my clients!


Dance your cares away
Worry's for another day
Let the music play
Down at Fraggle Rock
Work your cares away
Dancing's for another day
Let the Fraggles play
We're Gobo Mokey Wembley Boober Red
Dance your cares away
Worry's for another day
Let the music play
Down at Fraggle Rock Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ellison said...

Just to let you know...I grew up watching Fraggle Rock and I absolutely love it! I also love The Muppets. Bet you didn't know that about me!