Thursday, August 18, 2005

Random Stuff

[I'm trying to get rid of some more post-it notes! If you don't know what I mean by that, sorry! HA!]

  • I have this newspaper article (USA Today's Money section from June 15, 2005) my mom gave me while I was at home that talks about this dude that got fired from his job for blogging about his job and things he didn't like about it and bad things like that and it ended up getting him fired! HA! Just be careful what you write friends! HA!
  • This same newspaper article had some interesting statistics on it about bloggers. Granted statistics can be so skewed and stuff, and I how these statistics were collected, but here they are anyways...still interesting I thought:
  1. There more than 8.5 million bloggers in the USA.
  2. 57% are male.
  3. 48% are under the age of 30.
  4. 42% earn more than $50,000.
  5. 39% have a college or graduate degree.
  6. 82% have been online for six or more years.
  7. About 20,000 new blogs are created daily.
  8. About 32 million Americans are blog readers.
  • Two things that I've noticed lately that kind of aggrevate/bother me. 1.) people who have their AIM screennames set so people can't tell when they are idle. This is just not cool in my opinion. I think the only reasons why someone would want to do that is to either not let people see that they are ALWAYS online at their computer (which personally, in my opinion, who gives a crap what people think if you ARE at your computer a lot) or second to be able to ignore people who IM them and just pretend taht they aren't there even though they are. I think it is bad because honestly, I don't like IMing people that I know that have their settings set to not show them as idle. I don't like to IM them if I don't know if they are there or not. 2.) when people don't have the time zone set correctly on their blog. HA! Honestly this bothers me. And I don't think a lot of people do it on purpose, I think they just haven't noticed it, or didn't know they could fix it! For those interested in changing theirs and don't know how, you just go into your settings tab and click "formatting" and go down and fix it where it says "time zone". Now you know! ;)
  • Finally--if you know me you know i'm obsessed with love. I also really like the movie "The Village" because I think it has a GREAT storyline to it! And while I don't want to disclose any of it for those of you who haven't seen it, I do want to share some lines from it that I just LOVE. It says: "She is led by love...The world moves for love...It kneels before it in awe!" I LOVE that! I think it is SOOO true! Love is so powerful, friends! And even in a world with as much hatred and selfishiness as the one in which we live, love is still able to move mountains! Let love be your guiding light when times seem difficult! Love one another!

No comments: