Monday, August 29, 2005

Think About This One...

Okay, I know some of y'all come here in hopes of finding a good thought provoking entry. I do my best to please my readers, but this time I can't take credit for this thought-provoking piece. But it's funny because you most likely would have known it wasn't from me simply because it is short, sweet, and too the point! HA! But anyways, this question came off something from my class tonight and though I sat in class all night tonight thinking how much I don't enjoy this professor as a teacher, which I plan to go more into that later at another point, I honestly TRULY enjoyed the information we covered tonight. And I can say that and not appreciate the teacher simply because this material came out of a book and it was honestly the strick material I found soooo cool and not his presentation of it.

Let me say the material we learned tonight was the 10 Characteristics of a Mentally Health Individual. They are SOOOO cool to think about! I plan to share them with y'all in a later post, but tonight I just want to share this one point from the material. I think this is a brilliant question to think about. It is this....

Are people mentally healthy because of the support of their friendships or are those with high degrees of mental health better able to develop productive friendships?

I love it! Think about it and share with us what you think!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Cool... we talked about some characteristics of mentally healthy individuals in my CBT class today. Not a "list of characteristics" though -- more just a section in the book. One characteristic of a psychologically healthy individual that we discussed, for example, was/is "self-responsibility" for ones own behaviors and emotions. I thought about writing a post about some of things we discussed in class today, too! MH is definately intriguing. I'll be awaiting your post! :)